Data Privacy Notice
Our most important asset is you and your trust. We are committed to providing you with exceptional Money Exchange services and want you to have trust and confidence in the way we use your personal data.
This Privacy Notice describes how Omda Exchange may process your personal data including the data that you provide when you access and use:
- our websites
- our branches
- any of our other channels for Exchange services, lifestyle related valued added offers, information and promotions (together, our Channels).
This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect, why we collect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for, and what rights you have in relation to that information. If you give us information about other people (such as your family or friends) you confirm that they understand the information in this Privacy Notice about how we use it.
We are the data controller in relation to your personal data. If you have any questions about how we use your information, you can contact us by using the Contact Us information at the end of this Privacy Notice
Confidentiality of Personal Data
When we collect personal data, we provide a safe, secure and confidential environment in all of our delivery Channels to ensure that your personal data remains private and used for the purposes for which it is held.
We have a legal obligation to keep your data confidential, except:
- in circumstances where the disclosure of your data is imposed by a legal authority; or
- in circumstances where the disclosure is made with your express consent or through a representative nominated by you.
1. Collecting Personal information
We collect data directly from you as our customer or prospective customer.
In certain circumstances we may collect information from you about individuals who do not have a direct relationship with us. This may happen, for instance, when you provide us with information about:
- Representative(s) of a corporate client;
- Representative(s) of a corporate client;
- Shareholder(s)/Director(s) of a corporate client;
- Legal representatives (power of attorney) of a client;
- Ultimate beneficial owners;
- Successors and right holders;
- Co-borrowers / guarantors;
- Beneficiaries of your payment transactions;
- Landlords; and
- Reference contacts provided in the application form by our (prospective) customer.
When you provide us with third party personal data (included but not limited to those listed above) you are responsible for ensuring that such third party has received this Privacy Notice and understands how we will use their personal data.
a) What personal data do we collect?
Personal data includes information that we collect and process about you depending on the products or services you obtain or receive. Typically, we process the following information:
You provide us with the following categories of information about yourself:
- Personal details: title, name, previous names, nationality, photograph, gender, date and place of birth.
- Contact: email address, residential or business address and contact telephone number.
- Identity: Emirates ID number, passport and similar documentation.
- Identity verification data: for our electronic services we require at least two forms of evidence to verify your identity which may include: your registered mobile number, registered email address, facial recognition, date of birth, signature recording of your voice and a video call.
- Financial information: your bank account number, statement of account, financial history, and authentication-related information.
- Economic, financial and residency information: income and other revenues, the value of your assets and your country of residence.
- Education and Employment related data: level of education, employment, employer’s name and remuneration.
- Transactions: details about payments to and from your accounts,beneficiary names, account numbers, addresses and transaction details.
- Correspondence: information you give to us by filling in any of our forms or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, email, online or otherwise.
- Marketing: details of any marketing preferences we receive from you.
- Video protection (including CCTV): surveillance of our premises and ATMs for security reasons.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to process your transaction, communicate with you about your transactions, and provide you with customer support. We may also use your personal information to personalize your experience on our website and to improve our products and services. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who assist us in providing our products and services to you
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, or other third parties if we are required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings.
4. Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We use industry-standard security technologies and procedures to safeguard your personal information.
5. Your Rights
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information that we hold. You may also object to the processing of your personal information or request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
6. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. The updated Privacy Notice will be posted on our website, and we encourage you to review it periodically.
Thank you for choosing Omda Exchange, We value your business and your privacy.